Ignacio RomeroProfessor of Solid Mechanics
Mechanical Engineering Department
Technical University of Madrid
José Gutiérrez Abascal, 2
+34 91 3363130
Researcher ID: H-2129-2015
Director of IMDEA Materials Institute
- Industrial Engineering, 1995 (Major in Mechanical Engineering) (UPComillas)
- MS Mechanical Engineering, 1997 (Stanford University)
- PhD Civil Engineering, 2001 (University of California, Berkeley)
- Fulbright Scholar, 1996/97
- “Ramón y Cajal” grant, Spanish ministry of Science and Innovation, 2001/05
- Mobility grant, 2001/12, Caja Madrid Foundation
- Zienkiewicz prize and medal, 2011, Institution of Civil Engineers (London) & Wiley
ResearchI am interested in computational solid, fluid, and structural mechanics. This entails the modeling and approximate solution of the (partial differential) equations that govern their thermo mechanical response. Specifically
- Dynamical problems, their geometric structure, and numerical methods designed to preserve the latter.
- Nonlinear models for beams and shells which can accommodate very large deformations, and numerical methods that solve them without any geometrical approximation.
- Approximation methods, in general, such as finite elements, meshless methods, etc.
- Algorithms for multiscale problems in solids, both in space and time. In particular, those based on statistical mechanics.